Winter is almost here, which means you might see snowflakes on your windows, flakes on your doorstep, and flakes in your backyard. Isn’t it beautiful? But what if you get to see flakes on your head even when it is not snowing? These flakes are just there on the top of your hair, making you look untidy.
Now the real question is: What are these snowflakes? Well, it’s dandruff, one of the most discomforting and degrading chronic hair conditions. Dandruff flakes are further the reason for itching and irritation.
The Best Dandruff Shampoos for Every Type of Hair
Dandruff is not an unpopular hair issue. Most of us have dealt with it and might deal with it right now. It scared many to talk about it since we might get judged for having poor hygiene or health. However, it has nothing to do with sanitation or health. It is a persistent hair condition and is relative to different people. It might not affect some and they can carry their daily routine. For some, dandruff might disrupt their day-to-day activities, like an itch that makes you feel your brain is on fire (not the cool kind), or dandruff on the shoulder is making them talk of the town.
What causes dandruff? This is one of the most mysterious questions. Many of us for decades have been believing that it results from winter dryness. But the real reason is quite the opposite. Dandruff results from excessively produced oil reacting with yeast. This overgrowth of yeast is dandruff that you see in your hair.
The good news is that there is a solution. You can get a medical prescription and can start with a good quality anti-dandruff shampoo. Not sure how to choose the best anti-dandruff shampoo this guide will surely help you.
Your Hair Type: We cannot go on repeating the fact that how important it is to identify your hair type. Not because you are choosing a dandruff shampoo, but you have to consider it before choosing any hair product. Ingredients in the dandruff shampoo may strip off the moisture in the hair. Imagine your hair is dry or crinkly, using a dandruff shampoo that might take away the moisture may leave your hair brittle and prone to breakage. Go for a shampoo that also hydrates your hair.
- The Right Hair Washing Technique: Another important process that is worth your time and effort. According to hair experts, take a coin-sized amount in your hand and rub it into your palms evenly. Do not apply the shampoo to your hair directly, as it will get deposited in one area. Once the shampoo is applied, work it through your hair. Let the shampoo sit in your hair for at least two minutes so that dandruff-fighting ingredients can do their work. Rinse off the shampoo properly.
- Keep a Check On Your Washing Routine: Mind how many times you are washing your hair every week. Ideally, washing your hair 2 times a week is enough, but with pesky flakes, the washing temptation becomes more frequent. It depends on your hair type and your styling routine too.
- The Test Run: Most of the Dandruff Shampoos or any dandruff cleaning aids have a list of harsh ingredients. Your hair might react with discomfort. If you are adopting a dandruff shampoo in your routine, try using it once every week. Cut out the styling for 3 weeks till you are sure that the shampoo is helping you in getting rid of pesky flakes.
- Dandruff Banishing Ingredients: One of the key ingredients that is present in all fast-acting dandruff shampoos is Zinc. It has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties which help eliminate dandruff. More so, it can inhibit the growth of yeast, which is one of the root causes of dandruff. Small quantities of zinc are crucial to the health of the hair and soothe the itchiness. Make sure to choose a shampoo that has 1% Zinc since this quantity will work for anyone.
- Look For “Sulfate-Free”: The reason behind choosing a sulfate-free shampoo is that sulfate can strip off the natural moisture of your hair. Those who are suffering from dandruff are prone to itchiness. If a dandruff shampoo is not sulfate-free, you are wasting your money. Invest a little time and money before picking the right anti-dandruff shampoo. Thanks to the internet, you can read reviews and make your decision likewise.
Why choose GK Hair Anti Dandruff Shampoo?
GK Hair Anti Dandruff Shampoo (Now Available In UK) is just the right solution for scaling, itching, and irritation. It uses the high-performance ingredient, Zinc, that fights against dandruff, and also works to reduce the yeast causing inflammation and itchiness. Not only that, it also has Juvexin, an anti-aging protein that many of the anti-dandruff shampoos lack. It is the trademark ingredient of every GK Hair product that helps in maintaining the natural brilliance of the hair. More so, it is a sulfate-free shampoo, so it will not disturb the natural moisture and natural chemistry of the hair. This shampoo can help you achieve your ultimate hair goals every day.