Hair care routine includes two basic products- a shampoo and a conditioner. Shampoo is used to clean your hair while a conditioner helps in retaining moisture. But this is not enough! We all know that. If you want extra healthy hair, add something extra that delivers extra results. There are several products out there that can actually help you. You can go for Hair Serum, a Hair Masque, Hair Mousse , Shaping Wax or a Hair Spray for styling. However, there is one product that has it all- Leave-In Conditioner Spray.
You might have heard of leave-in conditioners. They have taken over the hair care market in no time. The reason is that it performs the job of hair serum, masque and styling products. More so, it is nourishing and since you leave the conditioner in for a long period of time; it delivers perfect results.
Another thing that makes this product a 10 on 10 is that it works for all hair types- wavy, curly, straight. This formula is a key to providing moisture to your tresses while protecting your hair from extreme environmental damage. There is another exclusive product that is taking over the salon and end user’s vanity- Leave-In Conditioner Cream.
What should I look for in The Leave-In Conditioner Formula?
This depends on your hair type. Leave-in conditioner spray has been developed to lock in moisture in your hair strands. The choice of your Leave-In Spray in the UK depends on the porosity level of your hair. Here are a few cues that might help you understand this idea:
- Low-Porosity Hair: Low porosity hair has a sealed cuticle. This type of hair gets oilier and is prone to product buildup. The reason is that water cannot penetrate through the hair shaft. It takes a long time to dry.
- Medium-Porosity Hair: This is the healthiest type of hair. The cuticle is open, so hydrating ingredients can penetrate the hair shaft, resulting in smooth hair strands. It is easy to maintain medium porosity hair. A leave-in conditioner will enhance the health of hair.
- High-Porosity Hair: The cuticles of such hair are wide open that makes it prone to breakage. More so, the moisture can get in the hair shaft quickly. This type of hair gets wet fast, dries faster and gets easily tangled.
Now that you have understood the idea of hair porosity, look for the following ingredients in the leave-in spray:
- Hydrating Ingredients: There should be at least one hydrating ingredient. If this ingredient is natural, like an extract of a plant, you should definitely go for such a leave-in conditioner spray.
- Moisturizing Ingredients: Look for oils in the ingredients list. These oils will mimic the function of your natural oils, smoothing hair and taming the frizz.
- Protection Ingredients: Just like your skin, your hair also needs protection against environmental conditions. You are going to leave-in this product for the rest of the day. If it can protect your hair against the sun's rays or the humid or dry air, go for it.
Should I use Leave-In Spray For My Hair?
Long story short- Yes! You should use it if you want healthy hair. The reason- this spray will benefit all hair types. We have developed this formula to serve all hair types. However, make sure that you adopt the right method of application. This will differ in terms of time and amount to be used in each hair type. If you do not use the right application method, chances are you might overuse leave-in conditioner spray, weighing your hair down.
Here are a few benefits that can help you understand why leave-in conditioner spray is a must-have for your hair:
Say Goodbye To Frizzy Hair
The frizz factor in your hair depends on the quality of the air. If your hair is frizzy, it might be because of the humidity or the dryness in the air. Such air strips away the moisture. A leave-in conditioner spray will give your hair the moisture that it needs in just a few sprints.
No More Dryness
Dryness results from using the wrong products, treatment, or diet. No matter what the reason is, it is not a hair condition that should prolong. You have to fix it, otherwise it can lead to split ends, discoloration, and heavy hair breakage. Leave-in conditioner spray can rescue your hair in no time. However, choose a leave-in spray that has active moisturizing ingredients.
Yes, a leave-in conditioning product can fix the hair damage. There are many products out there that might claim to do so, but this is the most effective solution. Most leave-in conditioners are used as styling staple but many are packed with good-for-your-hair-health ingredients. Look for ingredients that cater to hair damage, for example oils, proteins or plant extracts.
Double Action Formula
Leave-in spray is a double-action product. Because of the ingredients, it will nourish your hair while keeping your hair managed all day.
It is a great pre-styling product for coarse or curly hair. You can easily use it as a styling add-in. With added nourishing ingredients, this styling staple is perfect for those who style their hair often.
An Easy To Use Detangler
Detangling dry or damp hair is one big problem. It is painful and leaves your hair traumatized. However, you can always use a bit of help for untangling. Leave-in conditioner spray is the best solution for that. All you have to do is use a leave-in spray solution on your hair strands from mid-length to ends. Another piece of advice is to brush from the end and then move to the top. This will make untangling easier, especially if you have long hair. Trust us, this is how hair pros do it.
Adds Life To Limp Hair
Limp hair is hard to style and carry, to be honest. Limp hair can give a very dull appearance. It will give a lift to your dull hair. However, spray at the ends of your hair strands.
Boosts The Shine
A leave-in conditioner can add shine to your hair. This might be the reason hairstylists use it as a pre-styling product. Those who do not believe in high maintenance can use this product every day before leaving the house to calm the frizz down.
Some Precautions You have To Take
Though Leave-In conditioner is one of the most easy-to-use solutions for all your problems, there are a few precautions you have to take. Here are they:
The Application Method
Here is how you will apply Leave-In Conditioner spray for different hair types:
- For straight hair, apply on the tips of your hair. Prevent using it on the top because it can weigh your hair down. If your hair is damp, you can use it too. But make sure that you dab it a little, as your hair is already straight.
- For wavy hair, section your damp hair properly. Start applying from a distance and comb through. Never apply it on dry hair, as the wavy hair is prone to becoming frizzy. If you want to eliminate frizz, apply it to damp hair.
- For curly hair, wash your hair properly. Then apply it to your sectioned hair. Know that you have to take thin sections for a spray so that the conditioner can be sprayed evenly. If you want perfectly smooth locks, spray them on and leave them overnight. This will help your hair be free of flyaways and frizz all day.
Look for a formula that does not degrade the quality of your hair color. It should be safe to use on color-treated hair. You will not want to ruin your expensive color treatment.
Don’t Weigh Your Hair Down
Again, hair products, if left in your hair for a longer time, can damage your hair. Therefore, apply it according to the hair type. Another important thing- apply on the hair strands, as any product that goes on to the roots can disturb hair follicles. These hair follicles handle new hair growth and strength. Maintain the health of these hair cuticles at any cost. Spray the leave-in conditioner on the hair strands rather than the roots.
Never Skip The Rinse-Out Conditioner
If you think that the leave-in conditioner is going to fill in for the rinse-out conditioner, you are wrong. This rinse-out conditioner retains moisture in no time. It is essential after a wash. Leave-in conditioner cannot replace this conditioner at any cost.
The Big Takeaway
The Leave-In Conditioner spray is a formula developed for 21st-century fast hair care. It has its pros, but precautions should be kept in mind before just rushing to its use. It is truly one hair product for all your hair problems, but keep your hair porosity and ingredients in mind.