Everyone loves healthy hair! We all do. But to keep our hair healthy, it’s important to invest time and effort into it. Think of your hair as your skin. The more you keep it clean, nourished, and hydrated, the healthier it will look. Keeping your hair hydrated and nourished on a daily basis has more benefits than you think. For starters, the right amount of moisture in your hair instantly improves the look of your hair and keeps it healthy long term. Let’s look at the reasons as to why you should keep your hair hydrated on a daily basis.
Benefits Of Hair Moisture
- Maintaining the level of hydration in your hair not only softens it, but also improves its appearance by adding shine and gloss.
- Hydrating your hair everyday strengthens your hair from the inside out, and protects vulnerable hair from breakage and frizz.
- Keeping your hair hydrated lubricates the hair shaft, which reduces resistance; hence, no dry ends or split-ends.
- When the hair is aptly moisturized, it has more elasticity which promotes healthy hair growth and retains hair length.
But here comes another question: how to provide, and retain your hair moisture? And no, drenching your hair in water is not going to moisturize it. In fact, hair exposure to water for a longer period of time can actually damage the hair. There are, however, several effective ways to keep up your hair hydration level. Let’s have a peak at those hair-saving hacks:
- You might not know this, but water has a huge effect on how your hair looks and feels. When your body isn’t hydrated enough, it cannot provide the moisture to your hair follicles, which results in dry, rough, and brittle hair strands. Therefore, don’t let your body stay dehydrated for long, and drink as much water as you can throughout the day. This will provide enough moisture supply to your hair, which will reduce dryness and increase softness and shine.
- Use natural oils on your hair prior to shower so that your hair benefits well from the nutrients. Natural emollients like coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil are great for providing moisture to your hair. The best way to give an oil treatment to your hair is to take a small amount of oil into a bowl. Make sure the oil is tepid (but not too hot). Start by applying the oil into your roots and massage with your fingertips. This will improve blood circulation and promote healthy hair growth. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and get ready for a hair wash.
- Your hair care inventory has the most important role to play when it comes to your hair health. While picking your regular shampoos and conditioners, make sure that the products are designed to moisturize hair, and are free of sulfates, parabens, and other harsh chemicals. GK Hair Moisturizing Color Protection Duo is an excellent choice for dry hair. This duo incorporates Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner, which work together to provide deep nourishment to the hair and keep it hydrated. This duo is ideally designed for the hair that suffers damage, and dehydration due to chemical treatments. Infused with Juvexin and Natural Seed Oils, these products quickly breathe life into your dull hair, and repair the damage.
- Deep conditioners are magically helpful when it comes to keeping up your hair hydration level. Slip in a deep conditioner into your hair care routine every now and then to deliver extra moisture to your hair. Need a suggestion? Try GK Hair Deep Conditioner Treatment, a must-have for those who have super-dry and frizzy hair due to all the possible reasons. Deep Conditioner instantly rejuvenates the hair shaft, reviving the shine and vibrance of the hair, and gets the job done effectively within 20 minutes.
- Providing moisture isn’t going to work if your hair is unable to hold it in. Damaged hair has its cuticles raised and fallen out, due to which, the hair cannot retain the moisture. Hence, it’s important to protect your hair from potential damage to keep it hydrated and well-moisturized. Refrain from any kind of hair treatment that contains harsh chemicals. Also, always use a quality heat protectant before heat-styling your hair, such as ThermalStyleHer Spray. When the hair makes contact with heat without any thermal protectant on, this results in severe hair damage leading to excessive breakage. ThermalStyleHer offers thermal protection up to 450F, keeping your hair safe and sound during heat-styling.
Hair moisture is an important factor in maintaining hair health, and should never be neglected. Hence, make sure to follow the right tips for healthy hair growth.